On test this week my mk2 transceiver with power amplifier was producing just over 1 Watt. One of my friends; Arthur G4CPE suggested checking output directly on the pa as he wasn't convinced the connectors were ideal. In my haste to get the job done I had grabbed what was in my connector stock and used this open type. I should have considered suitability at 5.6GHz.
With the test gear connected directly to the power amplifier I was amazed at the difference and saw 35.9dBm on the meter. Arthur produced an SMA to N bulkhead connector with a short lead and urged me to do a quick swap.
Wow what a silly mistake I had made and what a difference. Next I changed the receive antenna connector for the same type. When I get out portable in a week or so I hope to see a big difference.