Luckily It was already ply boarded.This was no go as I wanted my rack and desk at the front.Then my son started building my operating desk unit.The new steel bulkhead is shaped to fit round the rear of the front seats.Includes antenna switching and filters.This was assembled in a used enclosure; I overlaid the old front panel.Just needs handles fitted and a soak test. Fitted with a 15 Watt Class A PA.Early stages of the build which includes two separate systems. Nice when you can use existing holes; or slots in this instance.PA, heatsink and fan now in. Front panel nearly finished.First test and all is doing what it should.Connected the tuner to ensure relay was switching OK.No pictures of the 13cm section but it's based on a 2.5 Watt CML PA.New bulkhead, rubber floor covering, 110AH battery, extinguisher and desk.Had to pop out for a quick test and threw some kit in.Above the desk I have storage but it's unfinished at the moment.Bloody wires; I thought it was known as "Wireless".My local hill where I took the van for a quick 2m test.No guy ropes needed on my glassfibre telescopic mast.Forgot to mention I fitted those. Conveniently shaped for the Shelley Clamp.Just a little; more an optical illusion.Trim on the cubby holes, rubber mat on the desk and more kit in the rack.Out of sequence but I found this showing both 70cm and 13cm PA's. Another success; no smoke.
Not high quality but doesn't suffer blue screen.My latest rig is on a modified surveyors tripod and runs 8 Watts.The hill to the right of my antennas is Dunstable Downs.Good pictures from Arthur; a path to the beacon does exist despite the downs.My built in character generator using an FPV board.I look like I just swallowed a wasp:-))